3rd January 2017, Republic Polytechnic's Pentas Karyawan had our 100% preview for our upcoming production. A number of loose ends to tighten up and we will get them done by show day. Yes... show day is next week. Have you booked your tickets yet?
To tease your tastebuds, let me share a bit what you can expect.
1) Admission is free! All you have to do is to book a seat for yourself. Oh please do bring your friends along.
2) 5 short plays every night. Yes, in 80 minutes you will be presented with 5 short stories written, directed and performed by the members themselves.
3) With the theme "CAKAP KOSONG", meaning empty talks, we try to disect that phrase both literally and figuratively. How many times have we been caught talking to ourselves or talking alone or talking to someone but its no better than talking alone?
* PERKENALAN by Aliff Shah Ramli : About a young man getting to know a lady via facebook. Yes I did this before on friendster then. Don't tell me you didn't do it before. So yes, this play is very relatable! But the issue here, why isn't the girl replying? And when he is about to give up, she replies again and disappear again. Why? And where is this heading?
* CERITA CALAR DIA by Siti Khalisah Khair : 3 best friends. 1 of them having issues with her life. She finds pleasure in cutting herself. What? Pleasure? How is that pleasurable? Will the cuts turn into scars? Or will it progress into gashes and slits? How are the friends coping with it?
* TUMPANG by Diyanah Ahmad Khalifa : Taxi driver. Non stop ferry service. Non stop talk. How many times have we gone through this? Is the driver being friendly or just annoying. Would you like to give them the benefit of the doubt that being a driver could be lonely? Or alone...
* SELAMAT TINGGAL by Nurfareena Md Nor : A lady on a window ledge. A psychologist is called up to attend a suicidal case. Can she talk this one out?
* KONGSI by Nur Munirah Abdul Monir : An ex convict walks around selling keychains. All approaches and pleas get constantly ignored. Why is she constantly ignored? Who is being chained here?
How? Interesting enough? I think they are and worthy to be supported and maybe progress to full length plays. So do come and have a look. Like I said, it's free. All we need from you is your time and support. After all these words here on this blog page, are there anyone interested to read and call and make a phone booking? Or am I still talking alone?
Web logs of art activities on a regular basis (hope).